Weight loss Journey - Week 1 Revenge Body Realness

It's time to get real

So I've recently become obsessed with watching the Kardashians. I know, I'm late. I was never one to watch TV or keep up with anything. But thanks to today's streaming platforms, I can binge-watch and find content that speaks to me. This is how I found Khloe Kardashian's Revenge Body, and I am on season 2. I started watching it yesterday.

I am inspired. If you haven't seen it, I recommend watching and taking notes because some outstanding life lessons are thrown in. The show follows the weight loss journeys of individuals and leads to a reveal at the end of the episode. Amazing workouts and excellent diet advice, this show covers all the bases. I'm inspired, and right now couldn't be a better time to BE inspired.

It's mid-November, and we celebrated Thanksgiving in October, we had way too much candy from Halloween and I am seeing all those pies, potatoes, turkey, stuffing, CANDY, and sweets popping up all over my body. It was hard to watch, truly. I stepped on the scale yesterday and I wanted to cry. I currently weigh 185 lbs. That means I am more than 25 lbs. heavier than I was at the beginning of October. 

I've never really been a confident person. I don't take a lot of selfies, I am always the one holding the camera and taking the pictures or videos. That's not how I want to live my life. I WANT to change. I WANT to live a healthy and happy life like I used to.

Growing up, having a family, and getting pregnant, all change the dynamics in your life. Your body changes in ways that you never thought imaginable and your mind takes a toll on that. You could meditate all day long and feel nothing, workout consistently and not lose a pound and that's because it all comes down to what you're eating. 

We live on a tight budget, with 4 kids and myself and my husband, we shop for food that will (a) last the week in our household (b) yield a large enough quantity to feed us all and not break the bank (c) is pre-packaged to prevent overeating and (d) is cheap, cheap, CHEAP! This obviously poses problems. We aren't eating fresh foods, because for the portions I need to feed everyone, it would cost us double the amount we are already spending. This means we buy a lot of frozen, boxed and canned food.

As I sat in bed one morning, depressed and unhappy, I unfortunately finished the last episode of The Kardashians on Disney. Great. I thought to myself. Now what? That's when I started searching. Watching the Kardashians inspired me because there was this drive behind them, an unmatched determination, and this is something I never knew about the family. But one Kardashian stuck out to me more than any and that was Khloe. The life she has and how she handles it so gracefully has just been the biggest inspiration to me. I have no words. But I started to connect the dots. Every one of these women works hard, works out, eats right.

I wanted more than the 4 seasons that Disney was offering me, so I went searching for previous seasons. I started a free 30 trial to Hayu and searched for The Kardashians and Khloe's Revenge Body fell into my lap. I hit the ground running, episode 3 covered a form of dance exercise which has always been up my alley. I was in ballet as a child and loved the feeling it gave me, it moved my body in ways I didn't think possible and provided immediate gratification when I could feel what I had done. I stopped dancing because we simply couldn't afford it. From a young age, I learned the worth of a dollar and how to stretch it as much as possible to get by, otherwise, I would have probably pursued dancing as my career. But this episode hit me deeply, it reminded me of a life that I truly loved and secretly missed. 

I have decided to DIY my own Revenge Body, and the revenge I am taking is on my life. I want it back, all the years I wasted hiding, I want to be seen and be proud to be seen. This is day two of my 12-week transformation and I am still going strong with the workouts. Still figuring out a meal plan, but so far here's what I've got:

Breakfast

Coffee + 1 tbl spoon coconut oil (Tip from the show, the added fats from the oil will result in additional energy - They used grass-fed butter.)

Lunch

Oatmeal (add chia seeds to oatmeal to add fibre)

Dinner

Fish, rice and vegetables (we go between tilapia, sole, and shrimp, white rice and our veg is either California style, just broccoli, brussels sprouts or peas and corn.)

I was vegan for almost 2 years and I loved that diet and lifestyle. My body LOVED that meal assortment and craved it daily. I'm going to keep going with my fitness journey, and I hope you follow along! I hope to inspire and promote a good and healthy lifestyle. We all have a rock bottom and we all have a starting point, this is mine.

Be Fun. Be Happy. Be You.

Love, always
Jax    
xoxoxo   


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Top 10 Favourite things to do while Running

Weight loss Hacks THAT WORK